Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dean Koontz - Your heart belongs to me

The latest offering from Dean Koontz is an absolute cracker...


One word for you - SUBTEXT - you'll have to read the book to understand what I mean but I promise you it is well worth the read.

As Koontz has gone along, he's moved more away from the macabre horror stories to the psychological thrillers with a twist and this one was no different. Let's put it this way - I started reading the book about 7:30 this morning and three hours later I was wrapping it up - it was just that damn engrossing and arguably one of the best books of his I have ever read....

... One of those books that leaves you thinking about the world as a whole and not just escaping into fiction for a while.

The story itself involves a multi-millionaire with everything to live for. He suddenly learns that he has less than a year to live unless he receives a vital heart transplant.

Out of the blue a heart becomes available and everything goes smoothly until he starts getting threatening letter and warnings - somebody wants their heart back....

After that you're sucked along on a fantastic read that will leave you gasping for breath... Wow!

Author: Dean Koontz
Title: Your Heart Belongs to me
ISBN-13: 978-0-00-726756-9
Loot price: R279.00 (see banner right)

A cracking book - rated it four and half out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment