Sunday, October 4, 2009

Championship Manager - 2010 - Game review


I finally got my hands on an updated Championship Manager on Friday when I bought the Championship Manager 2010 Special Edition for PC.

The Championship Manager I bought was the 2006 version of the game, so I wasn't totally sure what to expect with the new version.

Some of the new features include:

# 3D Match Engine
Championship Manager 2010's match engine has undergone a radical overhaul with the prize, a bespoke fully-animated match engine. Created entirely in-house at CM headquarters and designed specifically to bring the management experience to life, the manager now has the perfect viewpoint from which to observe their Matchday instructions taking place on the pitch.

# News & Media
A whole range of messaging in the game enables you to have far greater access to information and news from within the game's world of football. Broadcasting real media references, the latest CM news system delivers in a wide variety of ways. The user gets all the information and all the news that's relevant to their game.

I'll be honest that I found it a little clunky to navigate in certain places but that could possibly be that I am simply used to the old interface.

Far more detail goes into the game and the 3D match engine I found makes you spend a lot more time focus on the game itself. I know with the 2006 game I ramped it up speed wise and didn't focus on much beyond the result and a few casual substitutions.

In some days I could do a season in a day or two. The new engine makes you focus far more on match day and for instance it has taken me two days and I am only halfway through my first season.

You can buy the game online from retailer Loot for R406.00 (follow hyperlink or banner right) which is a R53 discount to the retail price at the shops.

Rated the game a four out of five but with the caveat that the game is only for the serious Championship Manager fans - definately a title to add to the collection though with Christmas around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see this getting a good review. it is great the way they have provided a genuine playable element to training, it's something that has been bizarrely lacking from FM/CM for so long now given it is core to a team's ability and progress. I think it will genuinely add to the game play. a bit disappointed they have ignored the player interaction aspect though. Anyway nice review here, if you have time take a visit to my Free Games Website will you .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. championship manager 2010 very interesting game, i love all fifa games. such a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete