Saturday, October 10, 2009

In Odd we Trust - Dean Koontz


Upfront I bought this book by accident.... well sort of.

I am an avid Dean Koontz fan and will buy any of his books when they hit the shelves - I just wasn't counting on a comic (or as they term it a "graphic novel") when I bought it.

The idea of reading a comic was something that I thought I was passed and it turned out I was right - the format holds no appeal for me as a title and I'll definately have to double check the next Dean Koontz I buy is not a comic.

Having said that I am sure there are probably many young teenagers who have yet to experience the brilliance of Koontz and might find this a good way to check out whether or not they like the author and the genre.

"In Odd We Trust" features the brilliant Odd Thomas character - a teenager who can see the dead - including the ghost of Elvis Presley. Odd Thomas is probably one of the best characters I have ever come across (in the other Koontz novels not the comic type).

Title: In Odd We Trust
Author: Dean Koontz

Synopsis
When the sad specter of a very frightened boy finds its way to him, Odd vows to root out the evil suddenly infecting the sunny streets of Pico Mundo. But even with his exceptional ability-plus the local police and his pistol-packing girlfriend, Stormy, backing him-is Odd any match for a faceless stalker who's always a step ahead . . . and determined to kill again?

You can buy this book online from retailer Loot (follow URL or banner right) for R85

Rated the book (Comic?!) a 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment