Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kathy Reichs - 206 Bones


Admittedly I was a little distracted when I read 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs, but truth be told I didn't have a cooking clue what was happening throughout the book.

I won't say that I am a Reichs fan but at least the books are normally tolerable and allow for some brain-dead entertainment - unfortunately not in this case. I am a simple guy and when there are too many characters it all goes pear-shaped for me and in this case there were FAR too many characters... maybe just because there were bloody French names and guys whose aliases were based on beer brand-names?

I dunno - I just didn't get into it at all. Having said that my wife said she got a kick out of the whole medical side of the story so uh don't be shy to get a second opinion.

Below is the synopsis for the book from one of the online retailers. It makes it sound a little more exciting than it really was, but I guess to each their own:

Tempe regains consciousness and discovers that she is in a very dark, very cold enclosed space. She is bound, hands to feet. Who wants Tempe dead, or at least out of the way, and why? Tempe begins slowly to reconstruct...

She and Lieutenant Ryan had accompanied the recently discovered remains of a missing heiress from Montreal to the Chicago morgue. Suddenly, Tempe was accused of mishandling the autopsy -- and the case. Someone made an incriminating phone call. Within hours, the one man with information about the call was dead. Back in Montreal, the corpse of a second elderly woman was found in the woods, and then a third.

Seamlessly weaving between Tempe's present-tense terror as she's held captive and her memory of the cases of these murdered women, Reichs conveys the incredible devastation that would occur if a forensic colleague sabotaged work in the lab.


Title: 206 Bones
Author: Kathy Reichs
ISBN: 978-0-434-01469-9

If you would like to waste your money you can buy this book online from online retailer Loot for R177 but I rated it a 1 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment